Price of ferry Nice-Calvi

razwww

Posted: Mon, Feb 6, 2012, 22:26

Hello,

What is the approximate price of a return ticket for the ferry between Nice and Calvi? Just for one person, without a car.

I couldn't get much information from their website (aferry or directferries), only errors...

Thanks,
Razvan

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Feb 7, 2012, 21:57

Hello,
Arrived to Corsica in 2008 on the ferry from Nice to Calvi which landed passengers and then, I think, went onwards to Ajaccio. It was the 'fast boat' which if I remember took less than half the time taken by the 'slow one' Nice to Bastia. Definitely more expensive than the Bastia boat but I'm affraid that I can't just recall the price.

--

Gaffr

dinny

Posted: Wed, Feb 8, 2012, 23:49

Hi Razvan,

I've taken the ferry the past two years ('Corsica Ferries', I think) and I'm sure the information was available then on their website, if you just keep clicking through as if booking. It took about 4 hours to get to Calvi - I don't recall seeing a faster ferry that Gaffr refers to. I wish I could remember the price - I've just sifted through piles of papers, but can't find the tickets or booking email anywhere...sorry not to more helpful.
It can't have been shockingly expensive, or I'd have remembered!

Dinny

Kukko

Posted: Thu, Feb 9, 2012, 11:52

Hi Razvan,

We took last summer the same route. I think our both way ticket was in total 130eur for 2 person so 30-40eur per way per person. you can easily check/book and trying to look for the best offer at their website: http://www.corsica-ferries.co.uk/

Hope this helps:)
Antti

http://longdistancetrail.wordpress.com/

Gaffr

Posted: Thu, Feb 9, 2012, 16:44

Hello,
The French woman has managed to find some figures from the archives on the costs of the ferries!

2008 on the fast boat from nice to Calvi and return was 175.95 euros for both of us. In June.
2009 on the Nice to Bastia slow boat and return was 68 euros for both of us. In May.
2011 on the Nice to Bastia slow boat and return was 117.62 euros for both us. At the end of August.
From what I recall the slow boat takes around five hours and the fast one was around two hours.

As you can see the price varies widely....hadn't quite realised this....maybe it has to do with month of the year or who sells you the ticket?

The only other time was in 2007 when it was a direct flight from London to Bastia.

--

Gaffr

razwww

Posted: Sun, Feb 12, 2012, 17:00

Thank you for the answers! It seems it's cheaper to go from Livorno to Bastia and then by bus to Calvi, so I think we'll go that way :)

hotelmedicis

Posted: Tue, Feb 21, 2012, 5:43

I highly recommend taking the ferry from Nice (or Marseille) to Ile Rousse and then simply taking the little train along the coast (€6, 53 minutes) to Calvi. For this train ride alone it is worth it as the scenery is breathtaking. My price in August 2011 for this trip (overnight, no room, just a chair) was about €32. Book your ticket not through the website of the ferry companies but rather through one of the many ticket vendors for ferries that you'll find on the net such as directferries.co.uk. Forget about Bastia and taking a bus. Good luck!