Supplies - Sainte Lucie de Porto Vecchio

daskew

Posted: Thu, Mar 15, 2012, 12:48

Is there a supermarket in Sainte Lucie where you can purchase some basic food & snack items for the GR20? Any possibility of finding gas canisters anywhere? I'm flying into Bastia arriving late (Fri night) and hope to take the early bus to Sainte Lucie (Sat morn) so unless there are shops open very early or very late in Bastia I will need to do my last minute groceries in Sainte Lucie.

Also, is it possible to ship a small package of extra clothes from Bastia to Calvi via train and have it held their for pickup 2+ weeks later?

Thanks.

Gaffr

Posted: Thu, Mar 15, 2012, 21:20

After finishing in Conca....I guess you are going along the route from south to north....we took the navette from conca gite/camping to stay for a couple of days at U Pinarellu camping. From what I recall this was not very far from the cross roads on the highway near to PV. We didn't see much of Sainte Lucie de Porto Vecchio in fact spent most of the time at the beach which was within a short walk from the camping. There is a small store selling most things very close to the camping place. We later took a small bus which travelled on minor roads into P.V. but I think? that we could have taken the bus back to Bastia from the cross roads in Sainte Lucie de PV?
Regarding the 'small package'.....my wife left a package with some not needed clothes at the railway station in Bastia to be recovered after the route but she has not sent a package to another station.
Sending packages is a regular happening when I have been in Corsica with my wife....one was sent by post to our home in Scotland from a small post office along the Mare e Monte route and another was sent by the kind lady at Haut Ascu shop which I beleive she dropped off at the station at Ponte Leccia for her to pick-up later at the Bastia station. Ah!, on looking at this, her package was sent, albeit by a third person, from one station to another to be picked up later, so it appears to be possible!

--

Gaffr