Bastia -> Calanzana 13th May 9:30am (easyjet )

jsoap

Posted: Fri, Apr 13, 2012, 10:24

Hi,

2 of us will be arriving on Sunday 13th May at 9:30, so no buses to Calvi.
However the train stops at Casamozza, which is 10mins by taxi, at 10:34. So if our luggage comes out in a reasonable time - it might be OK.

At Calvi again there are no buses to Calanzana on Sunday, so a taxi will be required (unless we walk from the 8km from the Dolce Vita stop).

If we miss the train then the later train from Bastia leaves at 17:56 arriving in Calvi as 20:57. So we could stay the night there, and get a taxi to Calanzana first thing.

So if anyone is on this flight and wants to share taxis then post back here.

t

Turnertactics

Posted: Mon, Apr 30, 2012, 13:56

Have you booked flights yet? If not, take a look at Easy Jet flights to Marseille on Saturday and an overnight ferry to Bastia. It gets into port in good time to catch the train. Returning the same way allows for an all day trek on the Saturday before catching the train/ferry back on Saturday night.

Alan

--

Alan

jsoap

Posted: Wed, May 2, 2012, 6:00

Alan,

yes flights booked a few weeks ago. I looked at every possible alternative, and any other routes always involved a stopover and a 4 hour ferry ride. Ultimately, a single 2hr flight was more appealing, despite the cost and the 6:00am departure on the way out. It really does kill me though that you could fly to Sardinia direct for about 20% of the cost to Corsica.
As for the trip to Calvi - I'm almost resigned to hitching it.

t

jsoap

Posted: Mon, May 28, 2012, 8:31

Just to update our experience. The flight landed 20 minutes early, and the luggage took 45mins to arrive. So we made it to the train in plenty of time. Three more planes arrived in quick sucession after we arrived, so I think that if the flight arrived on schedule, we probably would not have made the train on time. The taxi was €20 and the single fare to Calvi was around €14.
In the end we stayed 2 nights in Calvi, doing the Capu di a Veta day hike, and then took a taxi (€30) to Calenzana first thing in the morning to start the hike.
t