15 i.o 16 etappes

wbroens

Posted: Wed, May 16, 2012, 17:16

Hello,

Can somebody tell me what stage has been split in 2?
I heard that the GR20 has 16stages i. 15stages, starting this year.

Is this correct?

gr

Wim

Michele

Posted: Wed, May 16, 2012, 18:56

Hi Wim,

you can read it here:

corsica.forhikers.com/forum/p/5057

--Michele

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, May 16, 2012, 19:26

Hello, I guess that it is a matter of choosing. In 2007 we followed the stage 13 from Usciolu refuge to refuge Asinau. It is quite a longish stage on a hot day and I admit to a bit of 'wilting' when acsending to the top of Monte Alcudina before dropping down to Asinau. In the old days there was refuge at Pedinieddi but it was destroyed by lightning aparently? It is possible to camp somewhere in this area. I have heard that there is now an up and running refuge? at Matalza....I think that you leave the GR20 just prior to the aforementioned camping place. I do recall some folks in 2007 saying that they were splitting the no 13 stage with a night at the Bergerie de Basseta. It looks as if there are several options for this stage to be split into two. The GR20 is a very flexible route which can cater for a vaste range of folks....it does come down to the amount of time that you can spend on the island.

--

Gaffr

wbroens

Posted: Fri, Jun 1, 2012, 16:00

Thanks for the feedback. Also on the official site of PNRC I found more info.http://www.parc-corse.org/