Best cooking fuel

wbroens

Posted: Fri, Jun 1, 2012, 16:10

Hello,

What kind of stove fuel is best to use when doing the GR20.
In other words, what fuel has the most chance to be found?

Best regards

Wim

Jennka

Posted: Fri, Jun 1, 2012, 16:33

Camping gaz, to be found at Calenzana, Conca and Vizzavona.

IggyRiggy

Posted: Fri, Jun 1, 2012, 18:00

Do they have also Gaz for a Gnat? So, with a screw system in Conca ?

THX Igggyyy

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, Jun 1, 2012, 19:04

Yes, the blue French system camping gas was what I was advised to take.....not my preference since I normally use an alpine stove with Coleman gas but the gas canisters have to of the re-sealable valve type but I didn't see any of these. No problems getting the 'pierced can' gas type.....agree with Jennka with availability but I also got some at Haut Acsu shop maybe? we got this type in Col de Veirgo. I did also see, in some of the places, the blue gas cans with the re-sealable valves.

--

Gaffr

Michele

Posted: Fri, Jun 1, 2012, 20:20

I definitely saw the screw-on type of canisters (Coleman I think) in Vizzavona (along with the snap-on Camping-gaz type).

wbroens

Posted: Fri, Jun 1, 2012, 20:54

Not long after I posted this question here, I contacted the gite/camping in conca where we are staying our first night. They let us know that they sell different types of gaz: screw, pierce and clip.

Another mystery resolved. :)

Thanks a lot for your feedback everyone...!!

Gaffr

Posted: Sat, Jun 2, 2012, 8:45

I am always learning things on this site......but don't we older folks always learn more from the younger folks, maybe especially so today, with your abilitiy to scamper around the electronic world of information. I learn more stuff each day on here! When we first talked about going to Corse for the GR we contacted folks in GB who we knew had been to Corse but information from them about the island was not readily forthcoming. My daughter had travelled over the GR20 after her university years but at the time we wanted to go was away working in Canada and was most of the time out of touch and of course there were no digital images from the trip to browse over then. The folks who do the guidebooks for the island, one of whom is resident in Italy, were very helpful and we got rapid replies via e mailing for GR20 and for the other long distant routes on the island.
Long may the information and wise replies be presented on this site.

--

Gaffr

IggyRiggy

Posted: Mon, Jun 4, 2012, 6:19

Wise words Gaffr

Michele

Posted: Mon, Jun 4, 2012, 7:12

ditto