food and other questions about gr20

andrea

Posted: Tue, May 20, 2008, 22:07

first of all, thanks a lot for this site, i think it's a right help for people who are searching for info about corse/gr 20...

well, my name is andrea, i'm from italy (milan) and i am going to do walk the gr20 this summer, on the first 15 days of august...i need badly some informations....

1) FOOD: We want to do the entire trail, from calenzana to conca, in abuot 15 days...do i have to bring the food for 15 days? it will be very good if i could buy something to eat at some refuges (the weight of 15 day's food it's so much!! plus gas/propane and supplies!). i know that some refuges have the tools for cooking, but i have to know if i have to bring all food for 15 days with me (it's possible to do? with 15 kg of food?)...maybe in vivazzona i could buy something...

2) in my group we are all fit, but i still have some doubt about the experience on trekking...i think that, in a bad situation, we could get to the nearest village (like corte/vivazzona) and stop gr20, isn't right??

thanks a lot, i hope that my question about food will be answer, so i could start thinking what/how much food bring with me....

thanks again,

Andrea!