camping Les Mimosas?

idzerve

Posted: Mon, Jul 30, 2012, 13:54

Hi!
Any experience with this camping? I have to stay in Ajaccio the first night (August 15th) due to late flight in, and decided to stay in tent in this camping. Called the place and they said they don't do bookings and I have to call in the morning of arrival day to check the availability.

And another question: Next morning I have to take bus to Bavela - my start point. Is the bus station in the same place as ferry port?

Ivars

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Aug 1, 2012, 5:56

Sorry, I can't help with camping in Ajaccio...I have not camped here.

My observations in Ajaccio tell me that all the transport terminals are in the same street. I returned to Vizzavona on the train after having a day off from the GR20, I took the 'water navette' from Porticcio to Ajaccio and arrived by bus from Cargese after the Mare e Monti.....also taken the airport bus from here. Conclusion is that it all seems to happen along the water front....all within walking distance!

--

Gaffr

shinysheep

Posted: Wed, Aug 1, 2012, 10:16

I stayed at Les Mimosas last year, it had decent shady tent pitches, each with it's own picnic bench (such luxury!). Toilets/showers etc were all pretty decent, there was a little shop on-site with the basics, but if you walk from the centre I think you pass near a big supermarket on your way there. Would recommend getting a map/ looking at the route on google street-view before you go, it is slightly off the main roads and not wonderfully signposted.