Auberge U Vallone

katelilac78

Posted: Mon, Aug 6, 2012, 12:52

Hi fellow GR20-ers
My friend and I are doing the GR20 end of August, start of September. We have managed to book space in huts for all stages apart from Tighjettu which is fully booked out. We are trying to avoid taking a tent due to the extra weight. People have mentioned Auberge U Vallone as an option, which is just a bit further on from Tighjettu but I can't find any contact details online to book it. Do people just turn up there and hope for the best? I know it has some beds and some fixed tent spaces but would prefer to book if possible for peace of mind! Does anyone have an idea of how to book in advance? if not, perhaps we're better just taking a tent anyway - that would also help in case we're put off schedule for any reason I suppose.
Thank you
Kate

Joanna

Posted: Tue, Aug 7, 2012, 8:16

Here is their web page with all the details, see if it helps: www.bergeriedeballonegr20.com.

Turnertactics

Posted: Tue, Aug 7, 2012, 15:11

Kate

We probably had our best meal of the trip there.

Fantastic spot but limited room inside the bergerie.

Alan

--

Alan

katelilac78

Posted: Tue, Aug 7, 2012, 17:57

Thank you very much Alan and Joanna! That's really helpful and I'm amazed at your super speedy replies! I will be in touch with them and at least hope we'll be able to camp if they're full.

Kate