Accomodation in Calvi - Panic last minute help please

da_murphster

Posted: Fri, Aug 10, 2012, 8:13

Just setting off on some seriously last minute holiday due to a mess around at work.

I'm really struggling to find any sensible priced accomodation in Calvi for this Sunday (12th)

If I turn up at 1930hrs from my ferry and expect to find anything am I going to fail / get ripped off?

Any recommendations?!?

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, Aug 10, 2012, 10:32

Have only ever camped in Calvi a couple of times. Include a small tent in your rucksack. As you have probably found out that the accommodation in a holiday town is kindof expensive? There are three camping places in one street.... there are possibly more......turn right at the main street crossing....around a Kl and a half from where the ferry docks. Are you using the Refuges and maybe Gites for overnight's during the holiday.

--

Gaffr

da_murphster

Posted: Fri, Aug 10, 2012, 10:53

I have found camping space in Calinzana but would rather be in Calvi as I have a day there before I set off to buy some supplies etc.

Thats good if there is camping in Calvi - I will try that - you don't know the name of the camping do you?

Thanks!

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, Aug 10, 2012, 17:02

Can't just recall names of the sites at the moment....when we first arrived to Calvi by train from Bastia some French folks on the same train indicated to get off the train at the penultimate station not that far from the terminus...Calvi. We simply walked down a sandy trail to the tarred road at some cross roads....camping 3 star was maybe 400 metres up the road....2 star was a further 100 metres....fairly sure that there is a camping site directional thing at the junction. On a later visit, this time arriving by the ferry from Nice to Calvi, we made our way down the main street to this crossing. Supermarket on the right which has gas canisters and all the rest...the filling station on the left has gas canisters too! On the journey from ferry to camping you will pass the informatiom place where the bus to Calinzana picks-up folks....close by is the taxi rank!

--

Gaffr

sipako

Posted: Fri, Aug 10, 2012, 20:23

Is it Camping La Pinede? I didn't camp in Calvi, but I thought there were campgrounds east of town on the coast near the pines. Check out google maps.

Gaffr

Posted: Sat, Aug 11, 2012, 5:57

Hello sipako, Yes there are a few camping places east of the town....we could see them from the train before we reached Calvi .....maybe Pinede was one of these.....I don't remember the La Pinede name on the ones that I was so badly trying to describe.

--

Gaffr