14. August Bastia to ~airport

JanisB

Posted: Fri, Aug 10, 2012, 12:21

Hello.
I am arriving to Bastia port at 23.00 with my wife on the 14. August. We need to get to a hotel ~5km from the Poretta airport. The exact address is this: Hôtel Résidence de la Lagune
Lido de la Marana 20290 LUCCIANA which is approximately 20km from the port.

If I am correct there are no buses that go to the airport that late? Sharing a taxi would be great, but maybe some tips how much would it cost to get there? I read it would be something like 50EUR which is quite a lot.

Maybe some other tips how to get to our destination that late?

Thank you for help.

Gaffr

Posted: Sat, Aug 11, 2012, 5:47

Wow...that's a real problem arriving at the late hour. I've just looked up my 1:100,000 map of the north end of Corse. Your right la Marana is around 4/5 kls East of Poretta beside the lagoon.....in the earlier evening the wee train would have got you out to Borgo and then 10 kls by taxi to the east coast....don't think that there is a train after 1830....mind you when we used the train to reach Calvi it was on a Sunday evening! We have stayed overnight at the Posta Vecchio hotel in Bastia after arriving to Bastia in the dark but that was around 40 euros each for bed and breakfast. Corsica is not easy for the integration of transport....maybe that is part of the adventure....although it does all add vastly to the costs. Just a thought does the Hotel have a navette?...if there are a several folks arriving on the same ferry maybe the 'wee bus' is provided?

--

Gaffr

JanisB

Posted: Sat, Aug 11, 2012, 7:43

I already asked the hotel for advice, but their English is not that good so I am not sure if they understood me correctly. They just said that taxi is OK... I am already preparing for the only unwanted choice - taxi, but I would like to hear how much it'd approximately cost. Because being a tourist usually makes the service much more expensive than it should be.

Gaffr

Posted: Sat, Aug 11, 2012, 13:49

Hello,
We have had one experience of taking a taxi in Corse....from Calvi to Calinzana....the bus was not running on the day ....now that was in 2009 when we were charged around thirty euros for the journey...distance around 10-12 kls from Calvi. It would be handy to have another couple of passengers to share the costs.

--

Gaffr