Post GR20 accomadation

andyp

Posted: Sun, Aug 19, 2012, 14:55

Hi, Anyone any views on areas or places to stay/eat after finishing the GR20 at Conca ?
We have nearly 2 days after the walk until we fly out of Ajaccio in the evening and hope to get to the airport by hiring a car for a one way drop off from either Porto Vecchio or Solenzara.
It'll be mid October when we finish so I guess it'll be well out of season everwhere ? Any ideas welcome. Thanks.

--

andyp

Turnertactics

Posted: Tue, Aug 21, 2012, 12:30

Andy

We're intending to head for a place called Pinarello, where there’s a great beach and camp site.

The Navete run by the Gite d'Etap in Conca will drop you off there.

They have chalets too and seem to be open until the end of October.

Alan

--

Alan

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Aug 21, 2012, 19:37

We had a lunch at the gite in Conca than were dropped off in their van at Pinarello camping which has restaurant, pool etc. and very close by there is a small 'all things shop' with a good selection of fruit. A short walk out the back of the camping to the beach. A friendly family type of place at which to spend a couple of days. We caught a navette into Port Vecchio for the bus back up the East coast to Bastia but I think that you can just walk up to the cross roads and get the same bus in the village?

--

Gaffr

Turnertactics

Posted: Wed, Aug 22, 2012, 7:00

Gaffr

When were you there?

Did you pre book or just turn up?

It looks great on the web site.

Alan

--

Alan

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Aug 22, 2012, 9:58

Hello TT,
It was early July 2007 when we arrived to Conca. We didn't do any booking for U Pinarellu camping....arrived there on the navette with a few French folks whom we frequently met up with during the journey from Calinzana. Had a very pleasant meal with all the folks at the camp restaurant which was a fine way to end the traverse. After the journey by bus up the coast to Bastia we stayed overnight in Madame V's 'bijou garden shed like accommodation' prior to getting out to Bastia airport.

--

Gaffr

yorkieman

Posted: Wed, Aug 22, 2012, 12:05

Calvi is superb, much better than Bastia and a nice place to stay a few days, small but, bijou!

--

Yorkieman

Turnertactics

Posted: Thu, Aug 23, 2012, 10:44

Gaffr

Sounds perfect. I' can't wait!

Yorkieman

I will be arriving in Bastia on the ferry but will be going straight out again and straight up onto the GR20. Our return trip, this time, is the ferry from Porto Vecchia. I would like to return sometime and do the whole route in one go (maybe in spring or even winter), in which case I'd take the ferry to Calvi. It does look nice from a distance.

Alan

--

Alan