Transport Ajaccio-Calenzana

Line

Posted: Tue, Aug 21, 2012, 15:02

Hi! We´re going to do the northern part of the GR20 in mid September. We´re arriving Ajaccio Saturday evening, and were hoping to get to Calenzana by bus or train the Sunday after. We can´t find any connections on Sundays. Anyone knows how to get to Calenzana on a Sunday (9.th of September)?

--

Line

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Aug 21, 2012, 19:48

Buses will always be a problem on Sunday but there should be a train to take you on a tour of Corsica and get you to Calvi.....the only train that we could get on Sunday, from Bastia, was at around 1830hrs. which had a change at Ponte Vecchia which must have been onto the train coming from Ajaccio? That train got us to Calvi as darkness was falling....now that was in June!
But of course that only gets you to Calvi still another 8kls or so to Calenzana.
There must be another solution? otherwise you will lose a couple of journeying days?

--

Gaffr

Stenning45

Posted: Tue, Aug 21, 2012, 19:57

According the train schedule (I couldn't find any buses) there are two trains leaving Ajaccio on Sunday September 9th: One at 08:10 arriving in Calvi at 12:48 and the other at 15:20 arriving in Calvi at 19:55.

Precise information here:

http://www.corsicabus.org/Train_services/Train5AjaCly.html

Sundays are notoriously difficult for travel on the island. Once you get to Calvi you'll have to see if the bus is running which will take you up to Calenzana. The tourist office that runs the bus is right near the station. There is no bus service from Calvi to Calenzana on Sunday (or on Saturdays or Wednesdays for that matter) so you will either have to hitch-hike, walk or take a taxi. By bus it takes 30 minutes.

http://www.corsicabus.org/busCalvi/CLY_Calenzana.html

Good luck!

Line

Posted: Thu, Aug 23, 2012, 15:02

Thanks for your answers! I´m glad to hear there´s a couple of trains leaving Ajaccio on Sunday. Or else, we would have "lost" Sunday only to wait for transport. Now I think this will be perfect! Really looking forward to do the northern part :)

Line

--

Line