storage for extra clothing

BarbB

Posted: Tue, Oct 16, 2012, 3:01

We are planning (well ahead) to walk the GR20 in June 2013. As we're travelling from Australia we're including a visit to a few cities in Europe as well and expect to be away for about a month. This means we will have some clothes, shoes, etc., with us that we don't need or want while hiking but will want before and afterwards. Is there anywhere secure to leave things and then return after the hike to collect them? We will probably fly into Bastia but are intending to walk south to north.

Barb and Dav

--

BarbB

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Oct 16, 2012, 10:06

Hello from Scotland.....don't think that you can leave spare kit in the airport? My wife left some 'stuff' in a small rucksack at the railway station in Bastia to be collected when we returned from Porto Vecchio but we were using the train to get round to Calvi on the west coast to reach the start of the route at Calinzana.

--

Gaffr

daskew

Posted: Wed, Oct 17, 2012, 23:52

Barb, I had the same problem this past summer. I also hiked south to north. I ended up booking the Napoleon Hotel in Bastia the night of my arrival in Corsica as well as the night before I left Bastia and was able to store a bag at the hotel. I had contacted another hotel and they told me to store it at the train station in Bastia. I flew into Bastia and took the bus to Santa Lucie and then the shuttle up to La Tonelle in Conca. The inconvenience was having to return to Bastia after finishing in Canlenzana but it was easy enough to do, bus to Calvi and then train to Bastia. We then took the ferry from Bastia to Nice. If you do want to do this, just make sure you make arrangements with the hotel before you arrive.