How to go from Ajaccio to Quenza/Conca

eviittala

Posted: Tue, Mar 26, 2013, 6:47

Hello,

I'm coming to Ajaccio 1.6.2013 (first day of June).
And I would like start GR20 2.6 from south to north.
According to info on the internet busses are not operating on sunday?

Does somebody know how to go Quenza or Conca on sunday?
How much does taxi costs?

Thanks in advance
_Eero

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Mar 26, 2013, 10:11

I have not used the bus service connecting Ajaccio to Porto Vecchio but must have heard somewhere that the Sunday services were in operation through June, July and August? Maybe the first of June is too early? I recall Quenza during our walk along the Mare a Mare Sud and noticed a link to the GR20 but I guess that would miss out on the first two stages coming from the South.
What about, if with a group, sharing the costs and hire a motor at Ajaccio airport driving to Conca dumping your kit at the refuge/restaurant and hitching back up to Conca after returning the motor to the hire place in PV?.....must be a Eurocar hire in PV?

--

Gaffr

eviittala

Posted: Tue, Mar 26, 2013, 18:46

Hi,

Thanks, but it seems like Porto Vecchio car rental office is closed during sunday and I also confirmed that from EuropCar. Do you might have any estimate how much taxi would cost from Ajaccio to Quenza?

_Eero

Turnertactics

Posted: Tue, Mar 26, 2013, 19:26

Eero

Sundays are not a good day for public transport on Corsica.

There are limited trains but no buses.

The Corsica Bus web site is the best source of information but they confirm - no buses on Sunday:

http://www.corsicabus.org/busAjaccio/AJA_PV_Bonif_W.html

I understand hitch hiking is a good alternative as Corsicans are used to intermittent bus services.

--

Alan