Bus journey time P.V. to Bastia?

GT

Posted: Mon, Apr 1, 2013, 19:09

Hello everyone,
sorry if this has been answered many times already but on the bus journey times listed on the site the only one missing is the only one I need!

Could anyone tell me how long it will take by bus* from Porto Vecchio to Bastia? Would be most grateful, thanks.

*Assuming they run on time - not a given, I know...

Turnertactics

Posted: Tue, Apr 2, 2013, 10:29

GT

just under 3 hours.

It's a journey I'll need to make in September. I'm not looking forward to it!

See: http://www.corsicabus.org/busPVecchio/PVE_Bastia.html

--

Alan

Michele

Posted: Tue, Apr 2, 2013, 15:47

It depends if you're in a hurry or not, Alan. The bus is actually comfortable. It also makes a scheduled stop along the way near a bar for nature calls.

dunit

Posted: Tue, Apr 2, 2013, 19:23

Make sure you get to the bus stop in P.V. in plenty of time, to make sure you get a seat. In June, the bus was really crowded and a few folk had a 3 hour stand to Bastia.
If I remember correctly, the journey cost just over 20Euros.

--

Dunit

Turnertactics

Posted: Tue, Apr 2, 2013, 19:42

Michele

Thanks.

That sounds a little bit more attractive.

alan

--

Alan

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Apr 3, 2013, 13:47

Yes three hours would be about right for the journey. We made the journey twice. Once on Sunday, the day of our flight from Poretta, into Bastia and with the airport bus out to the airport. Second occasion was with a stopover at Moriani camping after the three MM's....very fine for viewing the several mysterious islands including Monte Cristo....that is when they emerge from the sea mists. Twice going the other way (north to south) for the MM nord and again later for the MM centre. Found this to be a very friendly service...several beautiful wee bays that the bus passes early on in the journey.... as was on the bus other side of the island, the white knuckle ride, from Cargese to Porto....a memorable couple of hours or so.

--

Gaffr