Where could I buy some benzine in the centre of Bastia?

L-Green

Posted: Fri, Apr 12, 2013, 18:54

My ferry Savona - Bastia arrives at 7-15 AM and then I am going to take a bus from Bastia to Porto Vecchio that leaves each morning at 8.30 AM from the corner of the Avenue Marichal Sebastiani and the Boulevard Paoli. Is it the best place to be waiting for the bus? I have about an hour between ferry and bus. Is it possible to buy some car benzine for my multifuel stove Kovea Booster on the way from harbour to the bus stop?

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, Apr 12, 2013, 19:30

In 2008 we got a bus from Bastia at a small square which enclosed a childrens play area and paid for our tickets on the bus. This small square was just a stones throw from the big main square. On this occasion we were heading down to Moriani.
In 2011 when going down to Pont de l'Abatescu we got the bus at the main square but, the tickets we were informed, had to be purchased at the corsica bus office some 200 metres up the street leading out of the square.
On both occasions the bus had PV as its destination.
I have never used my petrol stove in Corsica since the fuel would seem to present a problem. I took the gas stove, the pierceable can type, as this is available throughout the journeys that we made on the island.

--

Gaffr

L-Green

Posted: Fri, Apr 12, 2013, 20:02

Thank you. My stove is multifuel and it is possible to use gas too but I prefer to use benzin. I am affraid it could be a bigger problem to buy some gas in Bastia early in the morning.