Calvi - Calenzana 24th June 6am

Fiona Mack

Posted: Thu, Apr 25, 2013, 8:47

Hi,

My husband and I will be arriving in Calvi Sunday 23rd June staying overnight in town to stock up. We are aiming for a 6am taxi to Calenzana the next day in order to get a reasonably prompt start on the walk.
I have been quoted 45 euros. Happy to share.

Cheers
Fiona Mackenzie

afn20

Posted: Tue, Jun 4, 2013, 21:35

Hi Fiona

I'm arriving in Bastia on Sun 23rd, so my plan is to get to Calvi or Calenzana that afternoon and then hopefully start the GR20 early on Mon 24th. Can the three of us share the taxi and split the cost?

I've got two more qs.:
1. Seeing as I haven't booked my campsite for Calvi yet, I wonder if it's simpler for Monday morning if I choose the same site as you?
2. Do you know of any camping stove + gas shops that would be open on a Sunday in Calvi? I can't fly out with gas, you see.

Sorry to bombard with qs!

Best wishes
ali

Fiona Mack

Posted: Wed, Jun 5, 2013, 19:32

Hi Ali,

To answer your questions:
(1) We are actually staying at Hotel les Arbousiers, Route de Pietramaggiore, Calvi on Monday night

(2) You can get camping gas at Alimentation du Golfe, Rue Clemenceau (town centre) on Sunday

We hope to leave sharp 6am for Calenzana on Monday (I believe its a half hour trip). If you can fit this in with your accommodation we're more than happy to share the taxi.

Regards
Fiona

afn20

Posted: Thu, Jun 6, 2013, 22:56

Yes, that will work well. I'll be at the main entrance to the Hotel les Arbousiers by 5.50 am on Monday 24 June. My email is afncorsica@gmail.com

Regards
ali