Bastia to calenzana transport

Dave 54

Posted: Thu, Apr 25, 2013, 20:27

Hi, I'm looking for transport from bastia airport to calenzana for 6 people on sunday
25th aug. Is there a minibus service running or taxis? also cost? any
help appreciated.

--

davvey

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, Apr 26, 2013, 6:27

Always a bit of a problem to reach Calenzana and to get started on the route on a Sunday in Corse.
we were under no time constraints with our traverse in 2007. Arrived on Sunday afternoon in June used the airport navette service to get into Bastia then took the only train at around 1830hrs to reach Calvi in the late evening. Camped in Calvi...shopped the next day....then up to Calenzana on the Monday afternoon.....started walking on the Tuesday morning.
All a bit different if you have just two weeks holiday I guess? Perhaps the only solution would be an expensive taxi ride from Bastia Poretta over to Calenzana but with six persons....would have to be a mini-bus......shared six ways maybe not too expensive per head?

--

Gaffr

Turnertactics

Posted: Fri, Apr 26, 2013, 12:16

Davey

Ah, the EasyJet flight!

We did the same 3 years ago. I've since found out it's better to fly to Nice or Marseille and get the ferry but I guess flights are booked now.

You have 3 options:

Get the shuttle into Bastia and wait for the late afternoon train, hitch (might be difficult with 6) or hire a car and drop it off at Calvi airport, which is what we did. Split 6 ways that shouldn't be too expensive.

I'd reccomend you overnight at the Gite in Calenzana and set off up the trail early on Monday. It's torturously hot mid-afternoon.

--

Alan