Shipping extra luggage to ourselves from start to end

Posted: Fri, May 17, 2013, 1:25

Hi everybody!

My fiancé and I are hoping to do the first (northern) half of the GR20 the second half of June, in the middle of our awesomely-long honeymoon. We're very experienced backpackers (only in the USA though) and love doing things as light as possible. However, since we're doing much more than hiking during our trip, we need to bring more than we want to cary.

Does anyone know the best way to ship stuff to ourselves? We're going straight to Sardinia when we hike out, but I imagine it might be tricky sending stuff from one country to our hotel in the other. Has anyone else on the forum done similar, or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Posted: Mon, May 20, 2013, 12:48

I guess you will go to sardinia by ferry? Why not sending the stuff to your last hotel at corsica and then take it by yourself to sardinia, should be a lot cheaper than to send it to another country.
Anyway you dont have to play with the customs as long as you ship it withing european union, so you also can send it without a problem do another country by just bring it to a post office anywhere in europe.