Sunday 2nd, June flight from Manchester to Bastia Poretta.

Gaffr

Posted: Sat, May 25, 2013, 7:41

I travel to the island on the flight arriving to Bastia at 1045. I decided, that arriving too late for the early train round to Calvi, to push on down to the Southern end of the GR20 to begin my walking. I would be extremely happy to get as far as the Moriani camping ( Merendella ) which is around 25 kls or so from airport.
My request is directed to folks travelling on the flight maybe picking up a hire car or a navette etc, heading south along the N193 and then N198 after Casamozza who could accommodate one person....willing to share any costs of fuel etc.
I have to camp close to the main road down to Porto Vecchia, and to be close to an official stopping place for the bus that leaves Bastia at 0830hrs, to enable a connection with the morning bus down to Saite Lucie/Conca.

Many thanks,
Gaffr.

--

Gaffr

Joanna

Posted: Tue, May 28, 2013, 8:06

Lucky you! Have a nice trip!

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, May 28, 2013, 16:46

Thanks J,
The thought of hanging around Casamozza for several hours on Sunday made me think about heading down to the Southern end. Now with the added situation of the 'winter stuff' not cleared from the North obviously creating more than a few problems for folks and the authorities at that end reinforces my decision.
If I can't make any distance Southwards on Sunday....then the Monday morning bus from Bastia will do just fine.
The GR20 is just that, a very beautiful walk in normal conditions, whether it commences in Calenzana or in Conca.

--

Gaffr

Turnertactics

Posted: Wed, May 29, 2013, 18:36

Gaffr

I hope you have a good trip.

A Monday start in the south sounds a lot better than a Sunday start in the north.....

--

Alan