Bastia -> Calenzana 09 June 2013 around noon

Justyna

Posted: Fri, May 31, 2013, 12:35

Hi there,

We are landing in Bastia on 9 June around 10:25 and would love to move to Calenana the same day. If there is anyone arriving similar hours and looking for 2 people to share a taxi/search for a bus together, feel free to contact me at justyna.suwada(at)gmail.com

Hope to hear from you :)

--

Justyna

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, May 31, 2013, 14:56

You are probably aware from the postings on here that Sunday arrivals and Sunday connections just don't happen very often on the island well at least until around the middle of June. The only public transport option is the later Sunday train from Bastia to Calvi at around 1747. Same train can be had at the wee villages on the main highway near to the airport at around 1800hrs...if you don't want to go into Bastia on the navette.
I am fairly sure that someone on here investigated the price of the taxi to Calenzana and it was in excess of 100euros...check the previous postings to confirm this.

--

Gaffr

Turnertactics

Posted: Fri, May 31, 2013, 17:51

Justinya

If you aren't expecting to start the GR20 until Monday, then there's no problem. Get the afternoon train from Bastia to Calvi, take a taxi to Calenzana and settle into the Gite ready for an early start the next day. The train is slow, the wait in Bastia is interminable but it's your best option.

Don't do what we did and hire a car, drop it off at Calvi airport and start up the trail iat 3pm. It's too hot! We didn't make the first refuge until the next day....

--

Alan

Justyna

Posted: Sat, Jun 1, 2013, 18:03

Hey guys,

thanks a lot for all the hints. Unfortunately I have discovered the fact that there are no connections on Sundays only after I have already bought plain tickets. We will probably take the train to Calvi, then taxi do Calenzana as Alan suggests and set off early Monday morning.

Btw is June really so hot? I have checked the broadcast and it seems not to be around 23 degrees in Bastia on 8 June.

--

Justyna

Turnertactics

Posted: Sun, Jun 2, 2013, 12:19

Justyna

I was there in August so you should be OK.

--

Alan