Camera charging facilities on GR20?

Lornafelgate2013

Posted: Sun, Jun 23, 2013, 6:21

Hi there,

I'm heading to do the GR20 in just over a week - can't wait. I think I'm pretty much prepared, but have one question... I was hoping to use my solar charger to re-charge my camera batteries, but have realised they are not compatible.

Do the refuges offer any charging facilities for electrical items, or am I going to need to buy spare batteries???

Thanks very much!

Lorna

Turnertactics

Posted: Sun, Jun 23, 2013, 7:54

Lorna

Have you booked the refuges?

There is one handy option that I know of at the Hotel Castellu di Vergio at the end of day 5. They have bunk rooms in the basement, hot showers, good food and electric points.

Spare batteries are probably the best option though as they are no heavier than taking the charger.

--

Alan

Lornafelgate2013

Posted: Sun, Jun 23, 2013, 17:19

Hi Alan

Thanks for your response. We're planning on camping so won't be in the refuges. Sounds like buying batteries is definitely the best plan!

Many thanks

Lorna

Turnertactics

Posted: Sun, Jun 23, 2013, 18:29

Lorna

We were camping as well but the lure of a proper bed and a hot shower at Castellu di Vergio was too much!

Also read Mattia's 'fox alert' thread

--

Alan

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, Jun 24, 2013, 16:27

Yes little foxes.....A visit was made to several tents at Manganu....a Scottish gentleman going south has his food bag taken with his Swiss army knife inside...never found. At col di Vergio camping we had the presence in two tents of a pair of a 'german species' of hound-dogs. No visits were made by a fox on that night!
Even campers at col di vergio have the benefits of hot showers!...the hottest around are at the dortoir of I Laricci in Vizzavona...lots of folks say this! At Pietra Piana a backwards step has been taken by not having the solar heaters anymore to provide hot showers.....hot showers there in 2007. Hot showers at U Renosu.
I saw folks charging phones at Vizzavona, Col di Viergo, U Renoso and Calenzana.

--

Gaffr