I wonder how suspect some of the other info is on the bus timetable in Corse?

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Jun 25, 2013, 8:09

Sunday arrival at Poretta....negotiated the new motorway slicing through flat land between the airport and the old road....hitched a lift from a friendly Frenchman to Moriani where I camped for the night.
On the Monday morning walked the short distance back towards the village....the guide says wait for the bus at the Mobil gas station....no Mobil gas station anymore it is now a BP station...the lady there, where I purchased some cans of blue gas, said that it had not been a Mobil place for many years. She sent me to a place on the main street near the cafe to wait for the bus. As you do, I went in for a cafe and breakfast bun...they told me there that the bus stopped at the tobacconist shop opposite the supermarket....went there and bought some tobacco.....wait for it! he sent me to below the supermarket.
By now one of the folks who work in the tourist office was waiting to get into work....she took me to the place where the bus now stops to pick-up passengers!
The bus was 45 minutes late anyway.
Moral in Corse maybe is to ask more than one person for information that is crucial to your journey.
Nice man driving the bus down to PV...in spite of being late we even had time for a wee rest down the road south to stop for a drink or a coffee...you are now in the mediterranean area where life is just a whole lot more relaxed!

--

Gaffr