Tra Mare e Monti Nord

annaz

Posted: Sun, Jul 14, 2013, 9:51

Dear All,
Would you be able to advise if this trail would be ok to walk in October? I mean food-supply-wise? are there places on the way we could buy food from? Also, any chance anyone knows if you could camp on this trail? we'll have our own tent. And finally, any general comments about this trail would be great!
Cheers,

Anna and Michael

--

Anna and Michael

Tarjei

Posted: Mon, Jul 15, 2013, 8:35

Hi!

I reckon you will be able to buy food in some of the villages that you'll pass, but I think it'll be the same for the refuges you'll pass that for the refuges on the GR20. They will probably be open, but no guardians selling food and provisions. Mind you that I don't know the places where the trail is going.

Camping rules apply to all of Corsica, in general you're not allowed to camp outside of legally places (such as refuges and campsites). But there sure will be places along the trail that you can camp at.

Tarjei

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, Jul 15, 2013, 14:00

Been away for a few days to Wester Ross so could not reply.

We have walked over five other long distance routes on the island. On these the accommodation and food is in gites which are in this country like catered for hostels of a good standard.
However on just one of these the Mare e Monti N. were we able to camp most of the time.
Starts at Calinzana so camping there, camped at Bontifatu auberge, night under the stars at bocca di Lucca, camp at the gite of Galeria, possible to camp at the 'other' gite place at Girolata, camp on terrace behind the gite at Curzu, at Serriera we had to take a bed inside 'no camping here', on the terrace at chez Marie in Ota, possible to camp at Evisa a little up and out of the village, camping possible at Marignana and we camped at E Case. In Cargese the end of the walk you have to get a bit out of town along the road to Porto for a camping site at Torraccia? camping. Possible to miss out the last wee ascent and drop down to Lozzi and to reach the main road nearer to camping site....did not however go this way.
The bus that we got next day outside the camping to head back to Calvi only reaches Porto then you have to camp another night in Porto and get another bus to reach Calvi next day. Such is the travel on Corsica!
Cooked food available if needed each night and there are small food shops at some of the villages.
You did not say to which airport you are arriving at in Corse?

--

Gaffr