ajaccio budget tips? gaz thing

hilde

Posted: Sun, Aug 4, 2013, 9:24

Hello all!

well it seems i will not be able to travel sunday the 11th to porto Vecchio....
As my plane lands after the last busses and trains...

so i guess gotta spend my night in Ajaccio..

any budget tips? camping alongside the road :)

thanks!
hilde

OO yes i have heard campingaz is the most sold canister right?
so i bring my campinggaz stove.. instead of my msr.. wise???

--

thanks! hilde

Gaffr

Posted: Sun, Aug 4, 2013, 11:07

I recall reading on this site that someone had camped at site in Ajaccio....the nearest that I camped to here was in Porticcio a few Kls up the road.
Like you I have two types of gas stove.... I always take my French campinggas with the pierceable can to Corse.

--

Gaffr

hilde

Posted: Sun, Aug 4, 2013, 15:00

Thanks Gaffr!

Super,, do you remember if the camping you where had the bus stop direction porto vechhio in its way?

--

thanks! hilde

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Aug 6, 2013, 5:03

Hello Hilde,
I let you have my knowledge of the lay out of the area Ajaccio/Porticcio. The airport lies between The the two.
First time that we stayed at the U Prunelli camping in Porticcio was after arriving by bus to Ajaccio after reaching Cargese at the end of the walk down the Mare e Monti...we caught another bus from the bus staiton in Ajaccio to reach it. Second time that we stayed there was after coming from the East along the Mare a mare Centre route. After this we took a bus into to the bus station in Ajaccio to take another, the airport navette, to get to the airport ( basically part of the way that we travelled) to hire a small car which we used on the island for a week....the 'normal bus service' does not appear to stop at the airport.
The road between Ajaccio and Porticcio is one of the few sections of dual road on the island which ends at a roundabout on the North side of the Prunelli river. On the south side of the river there is another roundabout close to the camp site. Does the bus travelling to the south, using the N196 .... up to the col St George.etc. .... after starting in Ajaccio head this way?
I'm fairly sure, but you should check this out, that the bus to the south will travel on the N196 road to Sargene, Figaro and on to Porto Vecchio? What you would have find out is.... also does the bus stop to pick up passengers near to here?
If this is a problem.... maybe best to go in to Ajaccio and stay there for the night? ....does the navette bus travel into the town at that hour of the day? The travel connections...bus, train and by sea in Ajaccio are straitforward.... they are all situated alongside the port area.
I didn't have a map for this area of the island but if you go to www.walkingclub.org.uk and use the IGN click to access the french maps etc. you can received very good maps for the island which will more than adequately explain what I'm trying to explain. :-)

--

Gaffr

Turnertactics

Posted: Tue, Aug 6, 2013, 13:11

Someone on a previous thread suggested
Camping Les Mimosas
Route d'Alata20090 Ajaccio, France

+33 4 95 20 99 85
www.camping-lesmimosas.com

--

Alan