mayash75

Posted: Fri, Aug 9, 2013, 20:50

Hi,

In the reservation site http://www.parc-corse.org/vad/,
Can someone please explain the difference between:
- Sleeps shelters
- Number of beds in camp
- Nb. tent rental

In addition, does someone know how serious are the bed bugs in the refuges? They say there was a pest control during April, but it is already 4 months ago...

Thanks,
Maya.

Michele

Posted: Fri, Aug 9, 2013, 22:08

Hi Maya,

Nombre de couchages refuges is for those wishing to reserve a sleeping place in the huts.
Nombre de couchages en bivouac is for those carrying their own tent.
Nb. location tente is for those wishing to reserve one of the park tents.

About bed bugs, it would be interesting to hear some update from those who have just finished walking the trail.
However it is a well known fact that complete eradication is always something difficult to achieve.

--Michele

mayash75

Posted: Sat, Aug 10, 2013, 21:38

Dave 54

Posted: Thu, Aug 15, 2013, 21:40

You will never eradicate bed bugs. They are brought from hut to hut, therefore just camp it's quieter, less hassle.

--

davvey

Oracio

Posted: Mon, Aug 19, 2013, 13:04

We've finished the GR20 from south to north on august 10th, sleeping all nights in refuges, gîtes and hotels. No traces of bugs (in the bedrooms or in our body) in any of them.

Oracio

Michele

Posted: Mon, Aug 19, 2013, 13:17

Very conforting news. Thanks for reporting this, Oracio. Hope more and more people in the long run will confirm it.

--Michele

z.pracny

Posted: Sat, Sep 7, 2013, 16:58

Hello,
I have a few questions regarding sleeping in Refuges. I have a plan to go to Corse 14th of September (next week) and my idea is to walk a few days on GR20 (not sure exactly which part).
And my question is:
Is it neccesary to book refuges in the second part of September? What will happend if I will not book the refuge and the refuge will be full?
And last question - do I need sleeping bag on refuges? I suppose yes..
Thanks a lot.
Zdenek

Michele

Posted: Sat, Sep 7, 2013, 17:06

Zdenek,

You can check out how many people have made reservations by going to the park site and simulate a reservation yourself. You will see how many places are still available as of today.
If the refuge is full ... well you can try your luck with the park tents. But my advice is: bring your own tent.
And yes you do need your own sleeping bag.

--Michele