Share taxi 15th September from Bastia to Conca

Teron

Posted: Tue, Sep 10, 2013, 14:06

We are a couple and would like to get from Bastia to Conca on the 15th september morning (start at around 8-9am) and start the GR20 the same day.
Is anyone around who would like to share a taxi?
(or know any other, cheaper way to get to Conca, since there are no buses on Sunday)

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Sep 11, 2013, 5:57

The Sunday arrival is a bit of a problem and I along with many others have had to embrace this before beginning the walk in Corse. For me, being retired, I just chilled and hitched from near Poretta airport as far as could then camped overnight beside the sea.....bus to Sainte Lucie-de-Porto Vecchio on the Monday morning. Much easier to do if travelling solo!
All very well you might say, but for those on a tight schedule of, say two weeks?, a bit more difficult. When I go to Corse I tend to stay for three weeks to allow for transport and weather problems.
What are the alternatives to a very large amount of Euros to travel by taxi from Bastia to Conca?
Bus on the Monday morning but then you won't get to Conca until around midday which would probably mean a Tuesday start to the walk? or if changing to walk from the North.... Taxi to Calinzana on Sunday? or the evening train to Calvi camp overnight somewhere near to Calvi then walk or bus/taxi on the Monday morning that would allow you to begin walking up to Piobbu refuge.

--

Gaffr

Teron

Posted: Wed, Sep 11, 2013, 6:28

As it seems, there is a bus sevice to Saunte Lucie de Porto Vecchio on sunday:
http://www.corsicabus.org/busPVecchio/PVE_Bastia.html
Apparently, the 15th Sunday is the last sunday with bus.

We booked the accomodation, so changing itinenary is no option.

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Sep 11, 2013, 6:52

Good to know Teron....when I went down to Conca in early June the Sunday bus just wasn't available....but thinking back, with my arrival at Poretta close to midday I guess that it would not have been an option? during the summer timetable for Sunday busses!
Have a good walk on the beautiful traverse through the mountains.

--

Gaffr