Tra Mare e Monti accommodations

charlieler

Posted: Tue, Jan 28, 2014, 2:50

Have been reading some less than complimentary descriptions of some gîtes along this route. Such as Tuarelli. We would not be camping so need good info on gîtes d’etape, B&B’s and hotels. The Auberge de Foret de Bonifatu is quite pricey at 128 euros for 2, demi-pension. Is this typical for the route? Any good suggestions on places to stay after each stage? I have Gillian Price’s book which has a few listings, but no prices. Will be going in April, 2014.

--

charlieler

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Jan 28, 2014, 8:00

I don't recall any prices for accommodation at around the 60 euro level. We travelled the Mare e Monti in 2008 with a tent but on this route it is not always possible to camp.
As I recall there was a range of accommodation at Bonifatu...main building, hostel, small wooden chalets and of course camping. We just had breakfast at Tuarelli after a bivouac under the stars on the col of Bocca di Lucca. I think that Tuarelli has a different owner now? Camp at Galeria and into the well known eclectic Cormarante and of course serving the mighty Dorade :-) there is another accommodation and camp in Girolata. Camp on the terraces at Curzu and Ota but taking food inside. Camp at two other locations.
The place that we found at problem was at Serriera where both gites were booked out and we were refused camping so we had a wee walk of three Kls. down towards the Golfe to find somewhere to stay.
I don't recall anything beyond 40 euros per person...but that was six years back!
In April I would guess no problems with full gites?
It is a very beautiful walk!

--

Gaffr