Bastia > Conca: Taxi share on April 26 from 18 pm (or April 27)

Anton

Posted: Wed, Feb 12, 2014, 16:18

Hi!
My wife and I want to hike the GR20 from Conca to Calenzana, starting April 27.
We arrive April 26 (Sat) 18-00 in Bastia airport.
We are ready to take a ride to Conca this day or next day morning.

If anybody want to share a ride you are very welcome!

We also may consider a ride to Calenzana instead.

Please, post your reply here or reach us zealotsinstc@gmail.com.

Thanks!

(Mod edit: changed the month)

Anton

Posted: Tue, Apr 15, 2014, 8:57

Oh, I'm terribly sorry - I meant APRIL! Starting April 27, we land on April 26, 18-00.

Looking forward for any response! Thank you!

(Mod: I fixed the first post)

Fiona Mack

Posted: Mon, Apr 21, 2014, 8:40

Hi Anton

My husband and I hope to do the same as you in July and had been wondering about taxi prices from Bastia to Conca - have you a rough idea of the price?

Thanks
Fiona

Anton

Posted: Mon, Apr 21, 2014, 10:44

Hi,

Yes, I've contacted a number of taxi services. They all use two price taxes: day tax (Mo - Sat between 10 and 19) and night tax (Sun, bank holidays, Mo-Sat after 19). Night tax is +40% to the day tax.
So, Bastia to Conca day tax is around 260-290 EUR, night tax 370-400 EUR.

If you have driver license you may consider renting a car as an alternative.

Anton.

Fiona Mack

Posted: Tue, Apr 22, 2014, 6:30

Thank you for that Anton - I think we'll try the bus first.....

Fiona

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Apr 22, 2014, 7:02

Hello,
Yes integrated transport is something that seems not to be in Corsica. Over the years I have gone through all of this. Sunday arrivals at the airport Poretta are difficult if you want to get to the South of the island before mid-June?....bus available after then? Although it is possible to get the train on a Sunday evening to reach Calvi...if you arrive before circa 1800hrs.
Arrivals by ferry, even midweek, after 1800 hrs. means a stay in Bastia before you can get anywhere during the next day.
Sunday on the island is a rest day for most folks and even most of the fuel stations for cars are closed.
Last year, in early June, arriving at Sunday lunchtime I walked out from the airport and managed to hitch as far as Moriani but wanted to reach Conca....I just treated this as part of the holiday....I camped overnight there beside the sea and then caught the bus down to near Conca on the Monday morning.
I met some fine folks who firstly gave me a lift the car and others who were very helpful at the camping to advise me about bus times and at the tourist office in Moriani as to where to get on the bus coming down from Bastia. Admittedly as a pensioner outwith the constraints of the workaday world of holiday/leave time etc. I can relax more? I guess that the younger can easily double-up on a satge or two to get back onto their schedule?

--

Gaffr