Mare e Mare Centre

patsy

Posted: Thu, Apr 17, 2014, 17:06

Hi

We're hoping to walk the Mare e Mare Centre in late May, west to east. However, we have a problem getting a response from one of the Gites I've been trying to book (in my best French!). We stayed there two years ago as well! It's the Quasquara gite with the unusual name - l'Aghja - they were struggling a bit in 2012 - does anyone know if it's still open and operational or have they changed email addresses? One used was laghja.quasquasa@gmail.com which I found online.

Ta Patsy

--

Patsy

Gaffr

Posted: Thu, Apr 17, 2014, 20:54

Hello,
We stayed at the Quasquara hostel in 2009. I recall that the gentleman of the family worked for the PNCR. The information that I have is....Phone 0495536121, e mail is laghja.quasquara@gmail.com and a web site www.wix.com/laghja.quasquara/gitequasquara
I recall the cool internal terrace which had a touch of maybe north Africa about it.
The gite at Tasso appeared to be closed at the time we passed by although there was an Auberge further up into the village where we stopped for a cool drink.
I see from the mail address that you printed that there was an 's' instead of our 'r'....maybe it just that?

--

Gaffr

patsy

Posted: Fri, Apr 18, 2014, 8:53

Hi Gaffr

I am amazed at your knowledge of Corsica - you seem to be able to answer most posts on this site!!!! We love Corsica too, but you seem to be an authority on it. Thanks so much for your help!

The email was my mistake - I just spelled it wrong and then couldn't edit it. Thank you for the web site address - will look at that next!

We stopped in July 2012 for 2 nights (the second cos I got a bit of heat stroke up on the ridge!) but this year are better prepared and much fitter! I just remember it being beautifully presented and decorated, but there were very few walkers there.

Ta!

Patsy

--

Patsy

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, Apr 18, 2014, 15:01

Hello,
Just back in from being out in the Cairngorms. I hope that you can make contact with the gite.
Much the same when we were there.... it wasn't 2009 but 2011 in September when we made the trip from the East coast....the Pont de L'Abatescu. We had a few Belgians folks of the same family staying at the gite....in fact we saw quite a lot of them after we stayed overnight a different locations in Cozzano.
We have over the years made journeys on all of the Randonnee routes on the island...well at least the ones in our French Topo guide Entre mer et montagne. We have been to the GR20 on three occasions.
It is just a pity that the overlarge numbers on the high level route.....many not able to complete the route. I do feel that maybe the Park authority should attempt to try to publisize the other walking routes....it most certainly would maybe spread the numbers and bring much needed business to less well know walks.
I am very far from being an authority....just kind of enthusiastic about the walking there.:-)

--

Gaffr