Bastia > Calvi/Calenzana: Taxi/rental car - Sat 6/7, after 6pm

bobschmidt

Posted: Thu, Apr 24, 2014, 19:22

Hi all,

I am a solo traveler coming into Bastia airport at 6pm on Saturday, June 7th. I have a two week vacay and am trying to hike the whole GR-20 from north to south, so my goal is to get on the trail in Calenzana as early as possible on the 8th.

Is there anyone interested in sharing a taxi/rental from Bastia to Calvi or Calenzana (I get the impression if we do a rental it will have to be dropped off in Calvi) on the evening of June 7th so that we could be at the trailhead early enough on Sunday June 8th to get started before the hot midday sun?

Thanks everyone!

-Bob

--

Bob Schmidt

nathantowers

Posted: Wed, May 14, 2014, 23:56

Hi Bob

I arrive on lle rouse on the 7th June at 21:30 and thinking of getting a taxi from there to Calenzana. Could probably cut the cost from there?

Nath

Turnertactics

Posted: Thu, May 15, 2014, 16:27

The last train is around 5pm so you're either going to have to stay in Bastia overnight, get a taxi or hire a car.

On my first trip to Corsica, my brother and I hired a car and dropped it off at Calvi airport.

It wasn't particularly cheap but split two ways, it might be better than a taxi.

When you get to Calvi airport, you'll need a taxi to Calenzana.

I guess you don't want to stay in Bastia overnight as that adds a day onto your GR20 itinerary but if you do, see this thread: http://corsica.forhikers.com/forum/p/24802

--

Alan