Mare a mare Sud

charlieler

Posted: Fri, May 2, 2014, 20:48

Hiked from Porto Vecchio to Ste. Lucie de Tallano 16-19 April 2014. Had to cancel the last day to Propriano due to illness. Flew to Bastia from Toulouse on EasyJet, then a bus to Porto Vecchio where we spent the night. Had a little trouble finding the road to Alzu di Gallina, but after that it was a pleasant uphill hike to Cartalavanu. The road to Gallina is to the left of a garden center towards Nota. If unsure, ask at the store. Stayed at the gites in Cartalavonu, Levie, Serra di Scopamena and Ste. Lucie. Cartalavonu offered private rooms, but the others had shared rooms with 2-3 bunk beds and shared bathrooms. All had great meals, even for my vegetarian wife(we notified them ahead). Even though there were only two couples at each gite, we were roomed together(fortunately a very nice Belgian couple we met the first night). I guess the gite owners didn’t want to clean more than one room. Levie, Serra and Ste. Lucie all had epiceries for lunch food and bars for a cold beer. Took the bus from Ste. Lucie to Propriano, spent the night and then took the bus to Ajaccio airport to fly back to Toulouse on Air Corsica. Was told there is a short-cut from Fozzano to Propriano which eliminates about 3-4km of the road from Burgo to Propriano, but never got to try it. Might be more pleasant than the 7km of tarred road. The gite owner in Ste. Lucie can provide details. We stayed at the Hotel Le Claridge in Propriano which is a 3 minute walk to the bus office. Lots of nice restaurants along the marina.

--

charlieler

Gaffr

Posted: Sat, May 3, 2014, 9:12

Hello,
Travelling on this route and attaching ourselves to it from MM N. and then Mare e Monti S. at Burgo which is a pleasant and friendly place to stay ( the tarred road was avoided by us ) and probably Burgo is avoided by most folks coming from the East when taking the trail down to the coast from Fozzano ......and of course at the other end above Porto Vecchio the tar was all downhill! although we did almost go wrong at the junction with the road to 'Centre Naturiste' :-)
I recall very fine views down to the coast from Punta di a Vacca Morta and of the course at another high point on the trail at the eclectic Jallicu....and of course the ancient Castellu di Capella remains.

--

Gaffr