Ferries from Nice to Corsica

dagan raviv

Posted: Sat, May 3, 2014, 14:24

Hello everyone!

Me and my friend plan to hike the GR20 starting from June 19th.
We already have a flight arriving at Nice on June 17th', and we searched some websites for ferries from nice to Calvi or lle Rousse on this day or a day later... And we got confused. Is it true that there is only one ferry each day for this route? Maybe we didn't know where to look?..
We would be very happy for any help on this matter!

Also, we would be glad for any guidance regarding the ways of transportation from lle Rousse or Calvi to Calenzana, including- will one day be enough time for all the preparations necessary (buying food, maps, etc.)?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Dagan.

Turnertactics

Posted: Sat, May 3, 2014, 15:12

Dagan

What time do you arrive in Nice?

There's a ferry to Bastia at 14:15 on the 17th, which gets into Bastia at 19:55

This is the ferry that I took last year. From Bastia port, there's a 60 minute walk to Camping Les Sables Rouge by going south along the coastline.

There's a train early the next morning from L'Arinella station, which is more like a block of concrete next to the line, but it is right next to the campsite. This will take you to Calvi after changing at Ponte Leccia. The train leaves at 9:30am and gets you to Calvi at 12:47 See www.corsicabus.org for timetables.

There is a station at Camp Raffalli (GR20) but there are unlikely to be taxi's here. It'll be an 8km hike instead. The SPAR shop in Calenzana should sell all the provisions you need including camping gas, including the Coleman screw type, according to a friend of mine.

Here's my blog with the details of our journey:

http://tips4travellers.wordpress.com/2013/09/23/day-1-getting-to-corsica/

NB: This is what directferries.co.uk say about nice to Corsica crossings:

Nice - Bastia 10 Sailings Weekly with Corsica Sardinia Ferries and SNCM / 6 or8 hours
Nice - Ajaccio with Corsica Sardinia Ferries - 3 Sailings Weekly / 6 hour 15 minute crossing
Nice - Calvi with Corsica Sardinia Ferries - 1 Sailing Weekly / 4 hour crossing
Nice - Ile Rousse with Corsica Sardinia Ferries - 7 Sailings Weekly / 4 hour 5 minute crossing
Nice - Ajaccio with SNCM - 2 Sailings Weekly / 7 hour crossing
Nice - Calvi with SNCM - 1 Sailing Weekly / 5 hour 55 minute crossing
Nice - Ile Rousse with SNCM - 8 Sailings Weekly / 5 hour crossing

--

Alan

dagan raviv

Posted: Tue, May 13, 2014, 20:56

Thanks a lot for the valuable information!!
Helped us a lot!