Where to go on Corsica...

Trine

Posted: Wed, May 14, 2014, 7:36

Hi,
I guess this is a question that has been posted before, however I hope someone can give us some advice... After a few days on the GR20, northern part, we return to Ajaccio to pick up a car with the intention to do a little sightseeing, maybe bicycle a little and enjoy the beaches. We have like 5 days available and I have been looking at the (South)western coast in particular and the inland mountain areas. However could anyone recommend us a couple of nice villages to stay in not too far away from the coast? We would not like to stay in the middle of some busy town, but more calm with nice scenery. I understand it can be difficult to find accomodation (we have a tent, but hope to stay in a hotel/guesthouse at least for some of the days) so I guess one should plan a bit and book now. Or what is your opinion about the accomodation situation around mid June? Thanks a lot for any advice you might have!

--

Trine

Joanna

Posted: Wed, May 14, 2014, 9:09

After our GR20 we rented a car in Bonifacio and drove north to Porto for a few days, dropping the car off on the airport of Ajaccio afterwards. The drive from Ajaccio to Porto itself is interesting, and there is a nice village of Piana on the way. The area is extremely beautiful, and well worth the trip.

As for southern part of the island, Bonifacio is a must! If you don't want to stay in the town proper, there are some campings and other accomodation around it, and a lot of beautiful beaches within a short drive. You should also visit Sartene on a daytrip. Porto Vecchio, on the other hand, is not too interesting.

Trine

Posted: Wed, May 14, 2014, 21:04

Thanks a lot for your advice, Joanna! It sounds like good options for the days we have available.

--

Trine