Walking from Calvi airport to Calenzana

Bisgaard

Posted: Sun, May 18, 2014, 18:21

Looking at Google maps, it seems that the distance isn't too great. Perhaps 10km or less ?

so has anyone walked from the airport to Calenzana ?

Hate being scammed by cabbies :-)

Gnome

Posted: Sun, May 18, 2014, 19:05

Last September I too arrived at the Calvi airport, but took a cab to Calenzana for 30 Euros. Luckily I met 2 other GR-20 hikers on the plane, and we split the cost 3 ways.
There is a section in this forum to meet other people who are interested in sharing a cab.
The ride took around 20-25 minutes, so I figure with a full pack it should take you around 3 hours.
Enjoy!

--

-Noam

Turnertactics

Posted: Sun, May 18, 2014, 20:26

It's hot and unpleasant.

You have to walk alongside a dusty road with fast traffic speeding along it.

If you wait outside arrivals and look for people with rucksacks, they will more than likely be heading for Calenzana.

Just share a cab with them. We did.

--

Alan

Bisgaard

Posted: Mon, May 19, 2014, 6:57

Thanks.. 3 hours doesn't sound like fun, so will try and find someone to share with.

dunit

Posted: Mon, May 19, 2014, 7:16

Similarly we also shared a cab, but not with other hikers (instead, an eldery New Zealand couple who were reliving their honeymoon). Just to talk to other people stood on the taxi rank outside of the airport and there is a very strong chance that you will find someone else heading in a similar direction - most people if asked, will jump at the chance to reduce the cost of their own taxi fare.

--

Dunit