Mare a Mare Nord - refuges

christian

Posted: Fri, May 30, 2014, 12:40

Hi All,

Firstly, thanks to all who have contributed to this site, a great resource!

Heading to Corsica for the first time in just over a week and am walking the Mare a Mare Nord from Cargese to Morianna. I've had a few conflicting reports on whether I need to book accommodation in advance at the refuges or if its ok to just turn up, can anyone here advise? My French isn't great so am a bit worried about having to phone up in advance!

thanks,

Christian

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, May 30, 2014, 14:25

Hello,
In June 2008 we walkied this route Moriani through to Cargese. We had a mixture of staying in the gites and camping. It seemed to quiet with walkers until we reached the stages from Evisa where the Mare e Monti joins down to Cargese. Of course where you cross the GR20 at Col de Vergio it is very busy but we had the tent option there.
Options for accommodation at Evisa or at Marignana and at Col de Vergio. The refuge at Sega is big, we camped there too and of course at Corte, where we camped, there must be a wide choice. E case looks quite a small refuge but there we camped on the terrace.
At Penti we had to phone the warden but he came up from Moriani. At Val-d-Alesani there is both a Gite de France and a converted garage to stay in! At Pianellu the gite was closed when we were there but there are B and B's and at Sermano a modern gite/restaurant a little way above the village.

--

Gaffr