lle Rouse to Calenzana

nathantowers

Posted: Tue, Jun 3, 2014, 15:44

Hi guys I will be arriving in lle Rouse on the 8th June by ferry and heading to Calenzana Straight away.
My plan is to either walk (which is a long walk) or share a taxi with a fellow hiker.

Is anybody else arriving at this time and willing to share? I was quoted 70 euro for myself which is why I may just walk.

nathantowers

Posted: Tue, Jun 3, 2014, 15:45

Sorry I meant Saturday the 7th not 8th

Gaffr

Posted: Tue, Jun 3, 2014, 16:58

Don't what are the timings of your arrival and with the train towards Calvi? but that service would get you further along the track.
I recall passing the Ile Rouse port area when returning to Bastia/Poretta on the train last summer after coming down from Calinzana.

--

Gaffr

nathantowers

Posted: Wed, Jun 4, 2014, 10:28

Sorry Gaffr I should have mentioned, I will be arriving in lle rouse at 21.30 so all public transport would be finished. Think I'm going to walk along the road and try flag down a lift as 70 euro for a taxi is insane.

Turnertactics

Posted: Wed, Jun 4, 2014, 13:05

27km according to www.mappy.co.uk which is about 5 hours hiking. No buses or trains until mid day the next day either. Good luck with that & I hope you do get a lift.

--

Alan

nathantowers

Posted: Thu, Jun 5, 2014, 16:14

yeah 5 hours :( Still I'd rather walk 5 hours than spend 70 euro (i'm very tight). Will maybe make a wee sign but if not, it all adds to the adventure guess. :/

Turnertactics

Posted: Fri, Jun 6, 2014, 18:56

Nathan

You could make it really interesting and go across country.

Probably no shorter and plenty of route finding difficulties but if you're looking for adventure.......

--

Alan