Contact (Tel No) for Gite d'etape Luna Piena

RayGrange

Posted: Tue, Jun 10, 2014, 16:35

Hi

We are walking the Mare a Mare Nord this September and have managed to book all the Gites d'etape and hotels except Luna Piena.

The telephone number listed everywhere is 033(0) 495385948.

However this number is unobtainable.

Messages using the e mail address are not responded to.

Does anyone know the contact details ? Is it still open ? Has anyone stayed there recenty ?

Many thanks if you can help.

Ray Grange

e mail: ray.s.grange@btopenworld.com

--

Ray

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Jun 11, 2014, 6:17

Hello,
I don't recall that gite....Luna Piena on the Mare a Mare N.
I can recall I Penti which is the closest to Moriani and also Pianellu which was the one, in 2008, that we found to be not operating.
We did get a room & B and B from a lady in the attached smaller village of Pianelluccio which lies a little way downhill from the main village. The other folks on the walk arriving to the village just camped on a wee terrace below.
Just a thought there is a varient of the Mare a Mare from Corte going westwards but we did not go that way.

--

Gaffr

RayGrange

Posted: Wed, Jun 11, 2014, 13:16

Dera Gaffr

Many thanks for responding.

The Gite at Penti is called Luna Piena and this the Gite d'etape that I cannot contact. The telephone number 0033 495 38 59 48 being unobtainable. The gardian is Mr Cortpossi. So it may not be opertaing now.

We have managed to book the gite d'etape at Pianellu so this one is now operating.

I realise thathere is a varient but we have decided to walk the straight Mare a Mare Nord.

Kind Regards

Ray Grange

ray.s.grange@btopenworld.com

--

Ray

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Jun 11, 2014, 17:08

Hello,
It is a shame that Penti is not still running. it is a fine custom built gite, but perhaps being so close to Moriani that it did not get too many customers? It fitted in fine for us since we did not get to Moriani until well after lunchtime so the three hours or so of walking was just about right.
Not to worry there is the intermediate accommodation available at Pied 'Alesani which would be around seven hours from Moriani.

--

Gaffr