Taxi / Lift From Basta Airport Sunday 14th September to Moriani-Plage

RayGrange

Posted: Tue, Jun 10, 2014, 16:45

Hi

We (my wife and I) are walking Mare a Mare Nord starting 14th September. We are booked on an Easy Jet Flight from Gatwick arriving at Bastia at 09:25 on Sunday 14th September.

We need to get to Moriani- Plage to start our walk.

As it is a Sunday there are no buses and so far it looks like a Taxi will cost about 73euros.

Is anyone going that way about the same time ? South on the N198 ? From Bastia Airport.

We are happy to share costs / pay for a lift.

Many thanks

Ray Grange

e mail : ray.s.grange@btopenworld.com

--

Ray

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Jun 11, 2014, 6:29

Hello,
Yes the age old problem of the Sunday flight arrivals....we have all had to get around this!
Since I was alone I was able to walk out to the old road from the Porreta airport,to beyond the new Motorway, and hitch a lift down to Moriani and reach near to Conca on the bus the following day.
I thought that from the middle of June that there was a Sunday bus down the East coast? My arrival was in early June so this was not available. I can see, form what you say that the service does not stretch into September?

--

Gaffr

RayGrange

Posted: Wed, Jun 11, 2014, 13:10

Dear Gaffr

Many thanks for responding.

A Bus is shown on Sundays up until mid September so I am not sure whether is is running on Sunday 14th September but it does not leave Bastia until 12:00 noon so we would be waiting a long while on the main road if it it is running.

We will accept paying the Taxi fare to Moriani- Plage but we hope to find someone else going our way.

Kind Regards

Ray Grange

ray.s.grange@btopenwold.com

--

Ray

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Jun 11, 2014, 17:13

Hello,
You might just be lucky....it could be the last day of the service? Maybe confirm. Then of course the question of getting to the road that the bus is using...surely the old road since that is where the villages are?...taxi from the airport to the road? The taxi driver would know where the bus stops are situated.

--

Gaffr

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Jun 11, 2014, 17:14

Hello,
You might just be lucky....it could be the last day of the service? Maybe confirm. Then of course the question of getting to the road that the bus is using...surely the old road since that is where the villages are?...taxi from the airport to the road? The taxi driver would know where the bus stops are situated.

--

Gaffr