Hike Partner GR20 August 29th - 14th Sept

jimmyd

Posted: Wed, Jun 18, 2014, 22:51

Hike Partner GR20 August 29th - 14th Sept

l'm looking for a hiking buddy or I'll be going solo - the above dates are in pencil as nothing is booked yet. Camping always & eating at refuges likely.

Ideally I'd go S > N but I'm flexible on that too. I've got just enough time for the full trek but may double up in exchange for a few rest days.

Travelling from the UK, I'm 28yr old male with too many lazy friends, it would appear!

Please reply if you're interested or if we may cross paths (or more hopefully, be on the same one) then say hi! Ta!

Mandie123

Posted: Sat, Jun 28, 2014, 13:26

I am also a solo male. I will be travelling from South Africa via Rome, Livorno, Bastia.

I will be doing N - S, starting on the Tuesday 26th August. I have 9 days available for the hike, so plan to do the Northern section only, unless I can double up a few stages and complete the whole GR20.

paiscail

Posted: Thu, Jul 10, 2014, 9:49

Hello,

I may be interested

I'm from france (live in the suburb of Paris) 42 years old

What kind of companionship are you looking for ?

Thank you,
Pascal

RayW

Posted: Sun, Aug 10, 2014, 6:40

Hi
I am starting from vizzavona on the morning of 4th sept and heading north. Will do this northern section in 8-9 days. From Australia but a pom many years ago. 60 year young male but most of my friends and walking partners are 25-40 :)
May catch you on the trail.
Ray

--

Raymondo

Gavin

Posted: Mon, Aug 11, 2014, 12:26

Hi there, I am looking to walk N to S starting around 3/4 sept for as long as it takes however looking to double up on stages where possible. I am 48 reasonably fit. Completed EBC in six days however realise this is a completely different beast. I speak French also and am originally from NZ .
Good luck.

Gavin

Posted: Mon, Aug 11, 2014, 12:26

Hi there, I am looking to walk N to S starting around 3/4 sept for as long as it takes however looking to double up on stages where possible. I am 48 reasonably fit. Completed EBC in six days however realise this is a completely different beast. I speak French also and am originally from NZ .
Good luck.

jimmyd

Posted: Tue, Aug 12, 2014, 20:04

Hi all, thanks for your replies unfortunately I have sustained a serious injury which has ruined my plans for the GR20 & an upcoming half marathon.

This means I will not be on the trail this year.... I hope you all enjoy your respective trips!

Tarjei

Posted: Tue, Aug 12, 2014, 21:59

Hi Jimmy.

Sorry to hear about your injury. Hope that you will recover and that you will be able to do the hike another time. Could I ask what happened?

Tarjei