tra mare e monti nord in july

rot67

Posted: Fri, Jun 27, 2014, 10:44

Hallo hikers
I had planned to walk "tra mare e monti nord" in late may/early june but some problems stopped me home.
So now i have 10 days free and i have temptation to do it in july.
But...... what about the summer heat??? Has anybody walked the trek in july?
Thank you all.
rot

rot67

Posted: Thu, Jul 3, 2014, 5:41

nobody.......????

Gaffr

Posted: Thu, Jul 3, 2014, 6:16

Hello,
We have walked the beautiful mare e monti nord in June 2009. It was warm but once you get through the first couple of days the body does adjusts. Our first day from Calinzana to Bonifatu was the most difficult with sun...a long dusty trail to Bonifatu with exposure to the sun....for me the least interesting leg after reaching the high point just above where the trail splits for the GR20..... start early on this! We started too late on this stage after arriving late morning in Calinzana.....an early start here would help.
Stage two Bonifatu to area Tuarelli has lots of tree cover. We didn't stay at Tuarelli but chose to have a night under the stars at Bocca di Luca. The route follows the river for a fair bit of the route to Galeria so plenty of opportunities to cool down. The high ground between Galeria and Girolata is open to the sun then down to the fabulous bay! Higher ground again...via the varient Bocca a Croce... to reach Curzu....then a series of small hamlets prior to the mule track up to Evisa before descending to the sea at Cargese. An enjoyable journey.

--

Gaffr