Conca-Bonifacio-Ajaccio transportation

zlil zviel

Posted: Fri, Jun 27, 2014, 20:46

Hello everyone!
My friend and I are planning to finish the GR20 at Conca (or maybe bavella) on July 1st.
We have a ferry from Ajaccio to Nice booked to July 3rd in the morning.
We would really like to spend the remaining day (July 2nd) in Bonifacio and the coasts nearby, and finish sleeping in Ajaccio for the ferry in the next morning, but since we already had some bad experience with the buses network in Corsica on our way to Calvi, we are very doubtful that our plan is even possible.

We would be very thankful for any help and information, even if not the most updated, regarding transportation from conca (or Porto Vecchio, we might succeed to get there on the last day of the trek) to Bonifacio, and from there to Ajaccio in the evening.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Zlil and Dagan

Gaffr

Posted: Sat, Jun 28, 2014, 6:24

Hello,
My guess is that you close to Prati at the moment....so a tight schedule!
I have heard about a bus service reaching Bavella in early July?
Maybe a hitch down to the West from Bavella?.....Zonza direction and then out to the bigger road out towards Ajaccio.
PD guide...just looked this up... for the GR20 indicates a bus service which operates through July and August, not on Sundays,between Ajaccio and Porto Vecchio. So maybe you will be lucky with that? 1st of July is on Tuesday.
I have no experience of this service...have only ever dealt with getting back up the East coast from Conca.

--

Gaffr

Turnertactics

Posted: Sat, Jun 28, 2014, 13:24

Zlil and Dagan

There's a bus from Bavella to Porto Vecchia at 17:20 every day except Sunday. The bus gets into Porto Vecchia at 18:30 but, unfortunately, the last bus from Porto Vecchia to Bonifacio is at 17:30.

The only bus going the other way to Ajaccio is at 8:45 in the morning.

There's quite a bit of traffic at Bavella. Hitching should be possible.

If you do go as far as Conca (the refuge de Paliri and the rest of the last stage are very pleasant and almost all downhill) then you can get a bus to the beach at Pinarellu, which is nice. Just go to the Gite in Conca. They'll take you in their minibus.

--

Alan