Distance & time from Refuge de Tighjettu to Col de Vergio

ian

Posted: Wed, Aug 6, 2014, 13:28

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to find out the distance and time it would take to hike from Refuge de Tighjettu at the beginning of stage 5 to the Col de Vergio. We are hoping to leave the trail where it crosses the road at the Col de Vergio and hitch a ride down to Porto.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ian

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Aug 6, 2014, 15:50

In 2007 we stayed overnight camping at Tighettu, early start from there, had a bit of breakfast at Vallone, steeply up to Mori and then down to Castel di Vergio....arriving there not long after lunchtime.
There are three paths down from Mori...in 2007 we took the one furthest right looking downhill...last year coming from the South took the direct path past the old bergeries de Tula...seemed to be quicker since I arrived at Mori a good bit earlier that those on the other path. I could see another path out to the right when coming up...left going down.....this one may be even quicker in descent?
Maybe around 16Kls.?

--

Gaffr

ian

Posted: Thu, Aug 7, 2014, 3:15

Thanks very much Gaffr. Do you remember about how many hours in total it took from the Refuge de Tighjettu to Castel di Vergio?

We'd like to take the trail from the Refuge de Tighjettu to Castel di Vergio or the Col, whichever would be a better place to hitchhike down to Porto.

-Ian

Turnertactics

Posted: Thu, Aug 7, 2014, 8:17

Ian

This website gives times of 4 hours from Tighjettu to Mori and a further 2.5 to Castel di Vergio.

See http://corsica.forhikers.com/gr20

As with all stages it depends on your speed and how often you stop. Coffee at The Refuge de Ciottulu di i Mori is hard to resist.

Alan

--

Alan

ian

Posted: Thu, Aug 7, 2014, 11:45

Thanks Alan, this is perfect. Looking forward to it! Now if I can only get a booking made for a tent/refuge will be all set! The website's not taking reservations and no one picks up. Should be a great trip though.

Best,
Ian