Breakfast at Paliri

Jennka

Posted: Thu, Aug 14, 2014, 5:09

Has anyone had breakfast recently at Paliri hut? Last time we were there, petit-dejeuner was little, expensive and old... especially compared to other places. I'd rather take some extra bread from Conca, if that's still the case. Any experiences?

Gaffr

Posted: Thu, Aug 14, 2014, 8:27

Hello,
Although a very fine place to camp Paliri....fine elevated location with rock scenery. It didn't seem to have much of a welcome about it....in fact in the two visits I have only ever purchased a tin of cassoulet when I arrived there last summer coming from the south. Coming from the North a few years back we had restocked for meals when passing through Bavella.
I find that, where possible, that moving on a bit in the morning and having breakfast, if needed, at a bergerie or as last year to have breakfast in Bavella at the cafe after leaving Paliri. The bergerie type places at Crocie, Vallone and at Bergeries de Vaccaghja after leaving Manganu were good for breakfast and it also gets you away from the melee around the refuges. Where it is not possible I can usually manage with what I carry.

--

Gaffr