Taxi from Bastia Airport to Moriani Plage Sunday 14 Sept

RayGrange

Posted: Sun, Sep 7, 2014, 18:39

We are arriving at Bastia Airport on Sunday 14th September at 9:30am on anEasyJet flight to travel to Moriani Plage to walk the Mare a Mare Nord.
Does anyone want to share a taxi or is hiring a car and travelling South from Bastia and we are happy to pay or share costs.

--

Ray

Turnertactics

Posted: Sun, Sep 7, 2014, 19:20

Ray

There is a bus from Bastia at 4pm if you can wait that long. It's the last Sunday it operates this year. See www.corsicabus.org

--

Alan

RayGrange

Posted: Sun, Sep 7, 2014, 19:38

Many thanks Alan but we did want to walk the first stage that day albeit we are walking to Penti and back as we could not make contact with the Gite d'etape at Penti so we are staying in Morania Plage and getting a taxi to Penti the next day.
What puts me off is that the taxi from Bastia to Moriania Plage is 83 euro as it is a Sunday!
Ray

--

Ray

Gaffr

Posted: Sun, Sep 7, 2014, 19:39

Hello,
My Sunday arrival to Poretta was after the bus time down the East coast. I walked out to the Ponte Lecchia and hitched a ride to Moriani from there. But for the bus....it stops at Casamozza....it pays to check out the exact spot!!
I was once given three different places for the bus stopping place in Moriani....after staying at the camping there overnight I was getting the Monday morning bus down to Sainte Lucie de Porto Vecchio. I should have first checked things out with the Information shop in Moriani. I have become a bit wary of waiting for a bus and finding it not stopping!
M a M Nord is a fine journey which improves greatly after Corte.

--

Gaffr

Gaffr

Posted: Sun, Sep 7, 2014, 19:47

Hello,
I see the subsequent reply. In 2008 we found out at Penti that the person who ran the gite at Penti had a working business in Moriani and that you had to telephone to bring him out. We had a tent and camping stuff so no problems for us. The gite at Penti is a fine modern building on a bend on the road/bridge over the river.
We also had a problem in Pianellu in 2008 where the Gite was closed at that time....probably run by a different person nowadays?

--

Gaffr