Booking Refuges

DaniS

Posted: Wed, Dec 3, 2014, 15:26

I'm struggling to work out how to book the refuges due to abysmal french. I'm trying to book through http://www.parc-corse.org/vad/ but there appears to be problems with the website.
Couple of questions
1. Have I got the right website ?
2. Does anyone know if website problems are a short term or long term issue?
3. Do I need to ring somewhere to book instead of going through the website ?
Thanks

--

Dani

dunit

Posted: Thu, Dec 4, 2014, 18:10

1. Yes you have the correct website
2. The same issue pops up every year and so I would conclude that it is a long term problem. Usually things improve a bit ( I think) once The Season is up and running.
3. You could try, but it is unlikely that you will get a response from anyone until the start of the season ie. April. You might also struggle with this if your French is abysmal as their English is abysmal too.

If you are planning on going out of season their is no need to book - refuges are open but un-manned. Otherwise, my advice would be to try again after the beginning of April depending on what the weather is doing. A bad winter (or good, which ever is your view) will mean a late start to the GR20 season.

Sorry not to be more positive.

--

Dunit

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, Dec 5, 2014, 16:30

Hello dunit,
I see you are having trouble with the booking for the 'Jairvan'.
If you put your request for overnights into an e mail we will knock them into a reasonable French for you....my wife is French. If you go through the website questions and put them onto the mail etc we will fill in with the replys/request etc.
roger.gaff@btinternet.com.
Well at least you can be prepared for doing business with the Parc Folks once they are up and running again.
We have never dealt with the Parc folks....in fact I have never visited their website. We have always taken a tent and camped at the refuges.....we have just turn up each night and check in and pitch the tent buy some food to cook or buy a meal from the refuge etc.

--

Gaffr

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, Dec 5, 2014, 16:34

Apologies...I should have said hello Danis.

--

Gaffr