5 days hiking with kids

yogi

Posted: Tue, Jan 6, 2015, 11:42

I am looking for advice on hiking in Corsica with kids. They are seasoned, 7 & 9 year old, hikers...hut-to-hut in Switzerland and Norway last summer. We'll be traveling to Corsica in late April for a week and would like to spend most of the time on the trails. Starting or ending at the beach with views of mountains and sites unique to Corsica. Thank you!

Turnertactics

Posted: Tue, Jan 6, 2015, 13:23

yogi

The higher trails will still be covered in snow at the end of April so most of the GR20 will inaccessible. The refuges will also be unstaffed with just winter rooms open.

I'm sure Gaffr will be able to advise which of the more coastal trails would fit the bill.

--

Alan

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Jan 7, 2015, 14:08

Hello,
As TT has said April and May would be too early to travel on most parts of the GR20.

We have had several great multi day trips along the many other trails on the Island over the last few years. All of which have been done in June/July and in September.
The Topoguides that we used were the French, all in one paperback, 'Corse, entre mer et Montagne'.

For just a flavour of what we found on these routes see the Blog...gaffr blog walkhighlands It is just a question of getting through the Scottish stuff, over maybe half a dozen pages, to find....

A walk through the middle of Corse using tent and Hostels.
Between sea and mountain on the scented island.
The pensioners return to the beautiful island.
....and a few trips made to the higher level GR20.

As I say just a flavour of the terrain etc. and maybe just give some sort of inspiration?

--

Gaffr