Best walks?/Meilleures promenades?

madeirense

Posted: Wed, Mar 25, 2015, 12:36

Hello!
As I have said before here in another post, I will visit Corsica in early June. I'll be 10 days on the island. I want to do, especially hiking. What routes recommend? in three days I intend to do the journey in autonomy, what suggestions do? Did not want to do just the GR20 (part), but also meet other tracks of Corsica.
Tks,
Marco

Bonjour!
Comme je l'ai dit précédemment ici dans un autre post, je vais visiter la Corse au début de Juin. Je serai 10 jours sur l'île. Je veux faire, notamment la randonnée. Quelles sont les routes recommander? en trois jours je ai l'intention de faire le voyage en toute autonomie, quelles suggestions fais? Je ne voulais pas faire exactement le GR20 (en partie), mais aussi rencontrer d'autres pistes de la Corse.
Merci,
Marco

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Mar 25, 2015, 13:36

Hello,
It is difficult to select bits and pieces of the multi-day walks on the island and with ten days for your holiday you could spend a great deal of time getting from one place to another. The transport on the island is not frequent but of course with a hired car it would be different?
Could I suggest the Rother walking guide of Klaus Wolfsperger which presents a selection of interesting day walks? some of which are sections of the GR routes.

--

Gaffr

madeirense

Posted: Wed, Mar 25, 2015, 14:09

Hello,

Thanks for the tips. Have I realized this difficulty in selecting a part to a 3-day route. We will have 2 cars. I already know the Rother guides. I have 3 different books of Rother about Corsica.
Have a suggestion to choose a route? some area that we can establish as the host?
Thank U!

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Mar 25, 2015, 17:46

Now we have more information.:-)
With two cars the island is now opened up to do perhaps crossover trips over sections of the GR20.
For example you could do the first three stages Calinzana through to Haut Ascu and reverse for the other car group. I guess you would pass each other somewhere between Piobbu and Carozzu?
There are several other crossovers possible since there are roads reaching the GR20 at a number of other overnight stopping places. Other possibilities are from Col de Bavella where access is available to both sides of the pass for day walks with maybe overnights/camping at the refuges of Paliri or on the North side, after the Bavella towers walk, at Asinao....and so on using the cars for access to Col di Vergio, Vizzavona, Capanelle etc.

--

Gaffr

madeirense

Posted: Fri, Mar 27, 2015, 12:28

Hello!

Already chosen some tours. I'd like to know your opinion. We have 9 days to walk.

Try doing a course in autonomy.
Soccia - Manganu.
Manganu - Refuge de Petra Piana
Refuge Petra Piana - Guagnu

The other tracks we have chosen are:
Monte Astu
Valle del Fango: Pont Tuarelli - Vecchiu Bridge
Punta Castellacciu y Monte Sesino
Cap d'Orto
Bergeries des Pozzi
Monte d'Oro
Lake Melo y Lake Capitello
Monte Cinto
Gorges de Spelunca

Tks,

Marco

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, Mar 27, 2015, 13:48

Hello,
I have experiences on some of the terrain that you list. Of course Manganu and Petra Piana are at each end of the most beautiful section of the GR20 and I know that both Soccia and Guagnu are to the west of the high level route although I have never visited either I have been between the two high level refuges both from the South and the North and each time with completely different conditions and in June. Coming from the North in 2007 we had perfectly clear and very warm weather. Coming from the South in 2013 the same terrain was snow covered and bear in mind that you are on the highest terrain encountered on the route. It just depends upon what weather the conditions have been in the Spring.
If you have the conditions that we had in 2007 the lakes Capitellu and Melo can be reached from the GR20. Basically down one gully (marked on a board Breche du Capitellu etc.) and up from the lakes to regain the path down to Petra Piana.
The Fango/Tuarelli we walked while walking towards Galeria on the Mare e Monti Nord....for me the most beautiful section on the M e M Nord was from Galeria to Girolata! a fine section from sea level then over a grand higher area then back down to the very fine bay at Girolata. Same for Spelunca gorge which is on the M e M Nord heading up to Evisa.
Capu d'Orto is an amazing rocky peak overlooking Porto.
The bergeries des Pozzi and Monte d'Oro are reached during the GR20 walk.
I reached Monte Cintu from Haut Ascu but it can also be reached from the South side from near to Calacuccia.
Must say that I have never been to Monte Astu or to Punta Castellacciu y Monte Sesino.
You have a lot to fit into your ten days of walking.:-)

--

Gaffr

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, Mar 27, 2015, 14:09

After a wee look at my maps I think that we must have looked out upon the Punta and Monte Sesino when we came up to the Bocca Croce from Girolata while on the Mare e Monti Nord.
And for Monte Astu Maybe we could just see it when travelling on the train between Bastia and Calvi.

--

Gaffr

madeirense

Posted: Tue, Apr 7, 2015, 22:15

Hello .
Thank you for the suggestions .
I wanted to ask you if , according to your experience , we can tekking between Soccia - Refuge of Manganu - Refuge de Petra Piana - Refuge de l' Onda in three days? and tell me if it is possible return of Refuge de l' Onda by transport? Initially we had thought of doing three days between Soccia - Manganu - Pedtra Piana and Guagno . But from what we were reading , we may be able to get to do this in just two days rather than three, so we wanted to extend and instead we came Guagno headed to L'Onda . Give your opinion . We are struggling to get let's refuges . Know if it is possible to spend the night without reservation?
Tks,
Marco

Gaffr

Posted: Wed, Apr 8, 2015, 20:12

The only comment that I can make is that instead of going along the crete to l'Onda is to drop down from P Piana to Tolla then out from there to Canaglia and I think somewhere near to Tattone to reach the train...either to Corte or to Vizzavona/Ajaccio.
Personally I have only been to Tolla after Petra Piana then up to l'Onda from there.
As I have maybe said if you travel with a tent you can eliminate all of the reservation stuff.

--

Gaffr

Lawrence of Spain

Posted: Thu, Apr 16, 2015, 8:54

After crossing the bridge/river coming from Petra Piana, if you turn right - you go to L'Onda, if you go left - you can reach Vivario train station (2-3hr hike), following Mare a Mare markings - orange dots.
I understand Tattone has some train schedule considerations due to which train may not stop there.