Taxi Share

Harley1965

Posted: Mon, May 18, 2015, 17:46

Hi I am arriving in Bastia airport at approx 1100 hrs on Sunday 21 June, I am looking for anyone to do a taxi share from either of the following locations.

Train or bus to then taxi from Calvi - Calenzana

or

Bus then taxi from Sainte = Lucie De Portto Vecchio - Conca

Basically, I do not mind where I start the GR20 in the South or North as I have already completed the Northern section to Vizzavona.

Regards
Neil

--

Neil

Gaffr

Posted: Mon, May 18, 2015, 19:22

In 2013 arriving at around midday on a Sunday in early June there is no transport to the South on that day of the week. I managed to hitch to Moriani where I camped overnight...bus on the Monday to Sainte Lucie de P.V. The Conca refuge folks will come down to the village and take you to the accommodation. Started the route on Tuesday morning.
In 2007 we arrived to Poretta airport on a Sunday morning. We took the airport bus to Bastia, chilled out in the town until the evening train to Calvi, at that time it was the only train on Sunday.
We did have to take a bus at Ponte Vecchio ( problem with the track) and connect with another train to reach Calvi in the late evening. Bus up to Calinzana on Monday p.m. We began the walk on Tuesday morning. Again this was in early June.
If you check the timetables there may well be an earlier train/bus? in the later part of June but will this be suitable with your aircraft arrival time?
Sunday is a difficult time in Corse for internal travel.

--

Gaffr

Harley1965

Posted: Mon, May 18, 2015, 20:08

Gaffr

Thank you for the advice, if I have read the bus time table correctly I can get a bus to Sainte Lucie de Porto Vecchio at 1630 hrs on a Sunday from Casamozza, Station. The information about the Conca refuge staff coming to collect is very good news.

I might get the evening train to Calvi

One feels that I maybe going from South to North. Unless someone pops up with a taxi share scheme.

--

Neil