Transport from GR20

StuartMcD

Posted: Thu, May 21, 2015, 17:48

Hi,

Firstly great website with lots of very useful information on the GR20.

We are coming to Corsica in June (soon) to hike the Northern Section from Calenzana to Vizzavona, we have a small campervan that we will leave at the campsite Paradella South of Calvi.

We will taxi from the campsite to Calenzana but when we complete our hike we have to return to our camper, what are the best options from Vizzavona?

--

Stuart

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, May 22, 2015, 3:58

Hello,
The train from Vizzavona to Calvi would be your quickest option and cheapest perhaps the only one that would be hassle free.
I think that I am right in saying that you don't need to change at trains at Ponte Vecchia. Changing is for those coming or going to Bastia.

--

Gaffr

Turnertactics

Posted: Fri, May 22, 2015, 6:31

Stuart

The train timetable is here: http://www.corsicabus.org/Train_services/Train5AjaCly.html

--

Alan

StuartMcD

Posted: Fri, May 22, 2015, 6:50

Thank you both for this information, the timetable seems to show a change of train number with a red arrow so presume there is a change at Ponte Vecchia?

Our journey may be after the 14 June which is when this timetable expires, are there more trains for the summer months?

Stuart

--

Stuart

Gaffr

Posted: Fri, May 22, 2015, 8:11

Yes you are correct. I have written it down the wrong way round.
When I returned from Calvi in 2013 I did get off the train and change onto the one coming from Ajaccio/Vizzvona to reach the wee station with the walk out to the Airport.
In 2007 coming from Bastia get to Calvi we alighted from the train at Ponte Vecchia and found that there was no train ( works/repairs on the Track) but a bus took us to the coast where another train was there to get us to Calvi.

--

Gaffr

StuartMcD

Posted: Fri, May 22, 2015, 9:43

Thank you

--

Stuart